A mattress is our primary source of comfort and soft ground for our sleep. Sleep is one of the basic pillars of physical and mental health. So any problem associated with a mattress can directly affect our sleep which can affect our health as well. So we advise you to follow routine mattress cleaning from time to time. We need to maintain the mattress in top-notch condition to boost its performance and extend its life.
A mattress can also accumulate lots of dirt, dust and debris and with time this can also affect our breathing and health as well. There can also be an issue of urine stains with a mattress. Source of urine stains can a pet, an infant, a kid or an elderly couple. A urine stain can not only leave a decolourised yellow spot but it can also contaminate the mattress by promoting germ growth. Even if you treat the urine stain chances are it will make your mattress sting. This bad urine odour released by the mattress will affect the indoor air of your bedroom. It is highly advisable that you treat this odour and remove the urine odour from a mattress. Follow this small DIY that we are providing you for urine odour removal from a mattress. Instructions are mentioned below, follow them step by step for mattress deodorisation at home.
DIY For Urine Odour Removal from a Mattress
Things You Need
- White Vinegar
- Warm Water
- Lavender oil or PepperMint Oil/ Tea Tree Oil
- Baking Soda
- Plain Cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
Steps For Mattress Deodorisation
- Start by treating the urine stains first as it will leave a yellow spot on the mattress. Prepare a solution of warm water and detergent.
- Rinse a cloth in detergent water solution and use this cloth to gently dab the stain repeatedly. Make sure you dab the stain again and again till the decolourisation slowly fades away. Let the mattress dry or you use a plain absorbent cloth and dab the wet stain to absorb all the extra water left on the mattress.
- Since the stain is now dry you should sprinkle some amount of baking soda powder on the urine stain on the mattress and make sure you cover the stain completely. Let the baking soda powder rest on the stain for a few hours.
- Now prepare a solution of white vinegar and warm water both taken in equal quantity. Take an empty spray bottle and pour this Mattress Cleaning Important solution into the bottle. Add a few drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil into this solution, depending upon the intensity of odour coming from the stain.
- Spray this solution extensively on the urine stain on the mattress and saturate the stain with the solution completely. Vinegar will remove the odour from the mattress will help in mattress odour removal while the essential oil will provide fragrance to the mattress.
- Leave the mattress to dry naturally and when the mattress is dry you can use a vacuum cleaner to deep clean the mattress. Remove all baking soda, dirt and debris left on the mattress. Now your mattress is clean and deodourised.
Book Our Mattress Cleaning Services for Best Results
A mattress is not just a financial investment but rather an integral and essential part of your home environment. Any problem associated with your mattress can directly affect your health. We advise you to hire our Fresh Cleaning Services for expert mattress cleaning services in town. We are an age-old and renowned name in the field of Professional Mattress Cleaning in Melbourne services. We provide our customers with affordable and effective mattress cleaning services round the clock.
We are equipped with all the latest tools and equipment and we deliver the best mattress cleaning results within a period of 24 hours. We deliver the best Mattress Stain Removal Services results by using the latest commercial products and solvents. We use the best natural and eco-friendly products for cleaning your mattress so as to maintain your home environment and keep your surroundings safe and healthy.